Oriental Land Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, "OLC," "we," "us," "our") is committed to providing maximum protection of users' personally identifiable information. The policy disclosed below applies to the handling of the personal information received by OLC on Tokyo Disney Resort official site (URL: www.tokyodisneyresort.jp) ("Official Site") owned and operated by OLC under license from Disney Enterprises, Inc. (hereinafter, "Disney"), and any other personal information received by OLC in connection with the operation of Tokyo Disney Resort-related businesses.
(1) We respect the privacy of our Web site users (hereinafter, "Guest(s), " "you," "your") in the course of the operation of Tokyo Disney Resort including the operation of Official Site, and handle your personally identifiable information that identifies a particular individual, such as the individual's name, postal address, date of birth, age, telephone number, and other descriptions collected in connection with the operation of Tokyo Disney Resort based on the following policies:
(2) We do our best to provide proper security to protect your personally identifiable information and to prevent unauthorized access thereto, and leakage, loss, damage, etc. thereof.
(3) Any and all your personally identifiable information collected in the course of the operation of Tokyo Disney Resort will be utilized to the extent of the following purposes of use:
The personal information received by Oriental Land Co., Ltd. in connection with the operation of Tokyo Disney Resort will be utilized in certain Tokyo Disney Resort-related businesses to 1) offer services, 2) improve merchandise and other services and develop new merchandise, and 3) send information to our Guests. Based on our judgment, some or all of the personal information in question may be given to third parties, such as OLC's subsidiary companies or to Disney Enterprises, Inc. (a U.S. corporation) and its related companies. The types of personal information which may be given to third parties and the methods of transmission are listed below.
Types of personal information which can be given to third parties:
1) Name, date of birth, age, address, telephone number, etc. entered in this form
2) Records about which of our services you have utilized
Methods of transmission:
1) File server
2) Electric and paper-based media
(4) Besides the cases above, OLC may share your information with a third party without your consent to the minimum extent as required on the following occasions:
As a personally unidentifiable statistical information for marketing analysis of Tokyo Disney Resort's visitors trend or Official Site access trend and for services improvement related thereto
When required by law
When it is difficult to obtain your permission, but your information is required to protect the life, health, property, rights, etc., of other users of Tokyo Disney Resort and Official Site
When it is difficult to obtain your permission, but your information is required for public health concerns, or regarding children's welfare
When requested by national institutions or local bodies to assist with matters required by law
(5) Your request to confirm how your personally identifiable information is being used, and regarding confirmation, revision, addition, deletion, discontinuance to use or share with a third party of registered contents, etc., will be handled in accordance with paragraph 5 below, "How to access your personal information etc."
(6) We comply with the Personal Information Protection Law and relevant regulatory guidelines in handling personally identifiable information, and this Private Policy will be continually reviewed, improved and followed by all employees of the company.
2. Regarding Personally Identifiable Information provided to Each Service
Instructions for Use, User Rules, or Member Rules, etc. in connection with each selected service will apply to the handling of the personally identifiable information provided to one of our services in Tokyo Disney Resort and Official Site. If you wish to discontinue any selected service for any reason, you can do so by contacting us. In such case, you should follow the procedures stated on each instruction page. Before you contact us regarding your personally identifiable information, please confirm your "inquiry number" provided in the instructions of each service, which will be necessary for verification purpose. Moreover, as personally identifiable information provided by the Guests may be used for marketing and promotions, if you wish to stop it, you can do so by contacting us.
3. Regarding Personally Identifiable Information in connection with Official Site
(1) Privacy Protections for Minors
In the Official Site, minors will not be able to send personally identifiable information without the permission of their guardian. Therefore, the guardian's contact or email address may be required at registration, when deemed necessary.
Moreover, personally identifiable information gathered from Guests under 13 years old will not be used for marketing or promotional purposes, unless we expressly indicate about such use at the time of user's registration.
(2) Regarding IP Address
IP address refers to the numeric identifier automatically assigned to a user's computer when a user is browsing any Web site. The Web server (the computer which provides Web sites) automatically recognizes and corresponds with the Guest's computer.
We collect your IP address to compile basic data for system management and for reporting general information to our advertisers, and for surveying Guests' access status to the Official Site. Although a Guest's IP address and access status will be recorded, we will not specify the Guest. However, when we request a Guest to follow the terms and conditions for use of the services provided through Official Site, if it is necessary to protect our service, Web site or other customers, we may identify the particular Guest using the IP address.
Cookies means data transferred to your computer's hard disc drive from a Web site for recording purposes. By utilizing cookies, your visits to the Official Site become more easy and convenient, while we may monitor Guests' activity patterns in the Official Site.
You may choose any time to turn off the cookies through changing browser's setting. Most browsers are designed to install cookies at the initial setting. Guests are expected to set their own level of rejecting cookies and method of accepting them.
However, please be aware that if you turn cookies off, some services on the Official Site may not function properly, or response remarkably slow.
(4) Links to Other Web Sites
(5) Regarding Encryption
When we transmit certain important data (such as your personally identifiable or credit card information) on Official Site, we use the online business' standard secure socket layer (SSL) encryption method to protect and secure safety of such information it.
We think it most important to protect security of your personally identifiable information and we handle your information sent from your computer to our Web sites with utmost care. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures for any information sent to us via Internet are perfect or impenetrable. OLC cannot guarantee the security of information sent by you at your own responsibility to our online services.
In using our Official Site, you are deemed to agree with this Private Policy. If you do not agree with it, please do not use the Official Site.
5. How to access your personally identifiable information
If you have any questions about or any requests for the access to your personally identifiable information, you can contact us as follows. Unless you contact in the following manners, OLC may not respond to your request as the case may be.
Oriental Land Co., Ltd.
Tokyo Disney Resort Information Center
Address: 1-1 Maihama, Urayasu-shi, Chiba-ken, 279-8511, Japan
Telephone: 0570-00-8632 (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
From some mobile phones and IP phones: 045-330-5211
Calls may be recorded to verify the contents of the Guest's request or to check the operator's handling of the call.
Moreover, in accessing such information, you are required to identify yourself or an agent by the delivery of documents or otherwise. In some cases, you may be required to complete an application form as designated by OLC At your request, we will provide you with detailed instructions.
When we collect your personally identifiable information either in writing or on the Web site, OLC designates "inquiry number," which will, for verification purpose, be necessary when you make any request or inquiry with respect to your personally identifiable information. Moreover, for the purpose of matching your personally identifiable information with information retained in our databases, OLC will verify circumstance surrounding the collection of your personal information, such as when and how the information was collected. Unless this verification process is complete, we may not respond to your request.
(2) Clerical charges
Following the request, OLC will, in principle, answer in writing, and clerical charges equivalent to the actual postal expenses (404 yen per one copy) will be invoiced to the requesting party.
Oriental Land Co., Ltd.
Updated: October 1, 2019