Operational Changes and Status of Suspended Operations for Restaurants
Change in operation of restaurants inside the Parks due to the state of emergency announced by the Japanese government
Based on the change in Park operating hours due to the state of emergency announced by the Japanese government, operations of restaurants will change as follows.
Change in operating hours for restaurants
Due to the change taking place for the Park closing time, the operating hours for the restaurants inside the Parks will also change.
For details about the operating hours for each restaurant, please check below.
The hours of service for alcoholic beverages
Sales of alcoholic beverages at both Parks will be from 11:00 a.m. to closing time of the restaurant.
Priority Seating booked in advance
Due to the change in operating hours for restaurants, you may not be able to use your Priority Seating eligibility even if booked in advance. We will send an email to Guests who are affected by the change, to the registered email address.
Read more here for details.
When Visiting the Parks
Operational Changes at Restaurants
- Restaurant entry may be restricted at times
- Tables, chairs, counter tops, etc., will be regularly wiped down
- Plexiglass barriers will be installed in front of the cash registers in some shops
- Cast members may be wearing a face shield and gloves at times
- Printed menus will not be available, and guests will be requested to scan codes using their smartphones to check the menu.
- A cast member will provide you with forks, spoons, sugar, and other such items.
- Drinking fountains inside restaurants are not available. For drinking water, please contact a Cast Member for asisstance.
Requests to Guests when visiting the Parks
- Please always wear a mask when entering restaurants, as well as before and after dining.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the restaurant, as well as at the restaurant entrance and exit. Guests are encouraged to use it.
- In the queue areas, markers will be placed to indicate the distance to keep between parties of Guests. We ask for our Guests’ cooperation in keeping an adequate distance from other parties around them.
- We recommend the use of credit cards or other means of cashless payments when making purchases.
- When exchanging cash with guests, we will be using trays
- Some tables will be made unavailable in order to secure physical distancing
- Please note that a party of 5 or more persons may be requested to be seated separately.
- Please return the tray to the designated location after finishing your meal.
- Guests requesting popcorn refills will be given two regular size boxes of popcorn. We ask Guests to refill their popcorn bucket on their own.
- Depending on the situation of Park operations, temporarily closed Park facilities are subject to change without notice.
Changes in Priority Seating restaurants and information regarding advance reservations
In order to maintain an adequate distance from other parties and to secure everyone's health and safety, the following restaurants will offer Priority Seating.
Please note that certain restaurants are only available to Guests with online reservations. Reservations will not be accepted on the day of your visit. Please see "Restaurants Offering Priority Seating" for details.
Restaurants Offering Priority Seating
(Restaurants requiring an online reservation are marked with an asterisk. Depending on availability, bookings can be made online on the day of your visit. However, please note that booking directly at the restaurant on the day of visit is not accepted.)
- Eastside Cafe
- Center Street Coffeehouse
- Restaurant Hokusai
- Blue Bayou Restaurant
- Crystal Palace Restaurant
- La Taverne de Gaston
- The Big Pop*
- To dine at La Taverne de Gaston on or after November 20, please refer to the following.
• Booking directly on the day of your visit is not available.
• If you made an online reservation, please place your order and pay, then select your own table inside the restaurant.
• If you wish to dine without a reservation, please place your order and pay, then select a table on the terrace or a standing table.
- Ristorante di Canaletto
- S.S. Columbia Dining Room
- Restaurant Sakura
- Horizon Bay Restaurant
- The Teddy Roosevelt Lounge
- Please note that your table at Teddy Roosevelt Lounge can only be occupied for 70 minutes.
To dine at restaurants offering Priority Seating, please make a booking through the Tokyo Disney Resort Online Reservations & Tickets website. Please go to the restaurant at the booked time and you will be seated with a minimal wait after you arrive.
Please visit Tokyo Disney Resort Online Reservations & Tickets here
Advance booking is accepted for a dining date up to one month ahead. Advance booking on your date of visit is accepted online from 9:00 a.m. Bookings will also be accepted at the restaurant from 10:00 a.m. if seats are available.
- Advance bookings are only available to Guests who have purchased Park tickets.
- Booking directly on the day of visit is not available at some restaurants. Please refer to the list above for restaurants that require online reservations.
- Please note you may not be able to dine at the restaurant if its Priority Seating capacity is fully booked.
- Registration and log-in to a Disney account is required.
Purchasing food souvenirs online through the Tokyo Disney Resort App
From December 3, food souvenirs sold at the Park can also be purchased from your home through the Tokyo Disney Resort App.
Read more here for details.
Extension of expiration date for food vouchers
- Food vouchers that expired between February 29 and June 11, 2020
- Popcorn vouchers with an exchange period that expired between February 29 and April 30, 2020
- "Very Very Minnie!" Special Food Vouchers that expired on March 31, 2020
The expiration date has been extended so the eligible vouchers will be valid up to March 31, 2022.
Expiration date to be extended to:
Operational Changes at Facilities and Status of Suspended Operations
Refer to the respective pages for operational changes at facilities and status of suspended operations.
Tokyo Disney Resort Official Hotels:
Guests staying at Tokyo Disney Resort Official Hotels should inquire about admission tickets and guaranteed park admission at each hotel.
Please check with the organizer whether the show will be put on.